The following steps describe the setup of a fresh new installation of Cockpit.
- Download the latest version of Cockpit
- Extract the archive
- Deploy files to your webserver's root directory (or any sub-folder)
- Navigate to your Cockpit installation folder at /install/
- Ensure write permissions for the /storage directory.
- Open the administration panel
- Login with username admin and password admin
- Congratulations! You managed to install Cockpit successfully.
Cockpit displays a blank page
If you see a blank page we recommend checking your server logs. Next make sure you display PHP error messages. In most cases you should see some errors where the blank page was displayed before.
Cockpit does not save changes correctly
If changes to your content, content-models, settings or anything else you administer in Cockpit's admin panel get lost, please check the directory write permissions for your Cockpit installation as described in Setup.